Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Courgette soup

Maikel was talking about this soup occassionally, and stating how tasty it was. I guess he knew this soup from his mum, albeit a different version.

Then he cooked it for us when we visited him with Alfonso in June.

It was at least as tasty as he described it. I got the recipe from him.

And I had the chance to try it yesterday.

This recipe is for 2-3 people. I used a little bit more water than stated (0.7 liter rather than 0.5). I boiled a tablet of boullion in water. Then, I added two medium-size courgettes in chopped form (or zucchinis; the name in american english) and 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic. I let them boil for 15-20 mins till the courgette pieces get very soft.

Then I have blended the mix using our blender, leading to a very homogenous mixture. Then I added 75 g. plain cream cheese. Normally, Maikel had used a cream cheese with herbs and garlic (Boursin is the brand I guess). But I could not find this type here in Istanbul in the supermarket nearby; and I added garlics externally therefore in the first phase.

After mixing the whole thing and letting them boil for a short while, I added two teaspoons of curry powder (Maikel's recipe was for 1 teaspooon, and I later thought 1 would be more than enough).

Then, I ended up with the following soup.
My mum really liked it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I have more zucchinis fresh from my garden, and because I've been ill this will make a nice treat this weekend. Thanks very much for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Mr. T. it looks similar to the soup I made in June. Last weekend (30th of August) I made it with a small change to the recipe. First I fried an onion with some chopped garlic. When they were done, I added a splash of aceto balsamico to make it a bit sour. I added the fried onion/garlic-mix to the boullion and boiled the courgette in it. The rest of the recipe stayed the same. The end result for me at least was more tasty than the original recipe, but Don't use to much vinegar.

Related Posts with Thumbnails